Mymenu1

Monday, 2 November 2015

Delayed!

The last two days have been taken up with sanding, I started with 80 grit, then 120, followed by 220 and finally 320 grit, the bed now has a surface as smooth as a babies bum!!

I seem to have used a vast quantity of sanding discs


As well as a number of sheets of sandpaper where a lot of elbow grease was required.

Fortunately, I decided to do a test piece with the varnish, which is supposed to be natural pine, the sample in the store looked great, but after three coats...


It looked more orange after each coat, it reminded me of the cheap kitchen pine furniture, you could buy when I was a youngster, nothing like the store sample.

I am going to have to go back and look for another colour, I think it will be somewhere between light and dark, I certainly don't want orange!

All the parts are complete, sanded, and ready for assembly, now they just need varnishing, so I will have to go out tomorrow, today is a Public Holiday, so I won't even attempt it.

Having completed the hard work, it was time to start cleaning up the workshop, if I am going to be varnishing, I want as little dust floating about as possible.


The workshop, actually resembles something near tidy once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, however to avoid abusive or inappropriate comments, some will be moderated, before they appear on the site.