Mymenu1

Thursday, 26 November 2015

Early start, but late getting to work!

My plan was to work in the workshop today, all day! unfortunately due to some Official idiot, we had to chase around sorting out their mess first.

However I have managed to get quite a bit done, I had to cut the drawer fronts to size, I am using 1"x 8" timber and decided that the easiest way to get this right, was to place the wood in front of the opening , they had already been cut to the correct width of the drawer, but to get the height, I then drew a line along the top of the opening onto each piece, from this line, I then measured down 2/8", this will give all round clearance, once fitted.

To cut them, because most were not perfectly straight, I used my tapering jig, I made this some time ago, it was designed by John Heisz,


Ten minutes later, they were all cut, now I just have to rout the edges, varnish and fit them.

The rest of the day was spent varnishing all the parts,


Other than the drawer fronts, I think I am just about ready for the final assembly, once that is done, I will leave the units in the workshop for a day or two, for any residual fumes to disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, however to avoid abusive or inappropriate comments, some will be moderated, before they appear on the site.