Mymenu1

Sunday, 19 November 2017

Some Woodwork at Last

I finally got my Montero back at 3.30pm yesterday, minus much of the petrol they had to syphon out to remove the tank, however although I now know the differential is going to last for a few hundred thousand more kilometres, I am not convinced that the problem has been resolved. I arrived home, and as I reversed into the driveway, I again heard the rattle from under the car, so I have no idea what it is, and will just have to wait for something to happen.

I spent this morning cleaning the outside, and removing all the oily finger and hand prints, at least if it breaks down, it will still look the part!

They say Sunday is a day of rest...not in this house. Having cleaned the car, it was time to get on and make the photo frames for Marcela's new collection.

As you are aware from a previous post, I had roughly prepared some of the timber, but decided not enough, so I cut some more, for the smallest of the photos, I then put all the timber through my planer, to get it to the same thickness, did some sanding, cut the parts to size, more sanding, I then glued and brad nailed the frames together.

Finally, I mixed up some of the sawdust from the same timber with glue, and rubbed it into some of the defects, which come with reused timber. Once it had set, it was time for the final sanding.


All being well, tomorrow, I hope to take the frames down to town, and get them glazed, then I will varnish them with clear varnish, add the hangers, make some backing boards, and they will be ready to hang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, however to avoid abusive or inappropriate comments, some will be moderated, before they appear on the site.