The Official said that as there is a house shown on the plot, although not the one that is there now, which is only about 18 months old, she might let it go through, but that would then give us problems at a later date, when or if we wanted to sell, apparently it takes about three months for the Authority Surveyors to get out and do the measuring, and then the Deeds have to have an addendum, so we don’t know how long that can take.
We have been told that if all Parties agree, the Compra-Venta, can be drawn up and the sale go ahead, but only a portion of the money would be paid, until the new Deeds were ready for change in Registration. We are considering this at the moment, the Owner likewise; it turns out that he is not as poor as we thought, the Bank had advised him to liquidize some of his assets, because business was not that good last year, he owns a Bus Company, a Construction Business, and has irons in other fires. The decision is going to come down to how much he will accept as a down payment, and be prepared to wait for the rest, Marcela has decided it will definitely be less than a third, I doubt he will go for that, but she knows the ways of negotiating here, so I am taking a back seat on this one, it seems to be a case of ‘déja vu’ in reverse, after the problems I had in Spain.
Update: This morning we headed off and collected our Surveyor, along with Mother-in-law, Sister-in-law and Nephew, and headed up to the house, meeting up with the owner.
Whilst Marcela and the Surveyor went off to look around, I spent my time taking photos
|Pool looks inviting!|
|View from balcony|
|View down the garden|
|Another balcony view|
and looking for problems.
|Modern wiring, but it all looks the same grade and a mess!|