Thursday, 29 October 2015

Getting there!

This morning I was up early, so I got stuck in to the footbaord again, for once it went my way. Firstly I shaped the existing half of the legs, then added the outer part.

That done I added the top part of the frame, like the headboard the top rail will be made and go on just prior to varnishing, to avoid any damage.

After returning with two smart looking dogs, it was back into the workshop, any knots that had splits or looked loose were covered in epoxy, and when dry, sanded, they wont move now!

Some people say not to buy timber with knots, they call them defects, but to me they are part of the character of timber.

That done, I then filled all visible screw holes with pine coloured filler, and once that is dry, I will also sand that.

Finally for today, I tidied up a bit, then cut the timbers that will make up the base, or mattress support. I will assemble these at the week-end, I am out tomorrow, so nothing will get done until then.

No comments:

Post a comment

Comments are welcome, however to avoid abusive or inappropriate comments, some will be moderated, before they appear on the site.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.